K
Posted By
kdaphoto
Apr 23, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When using filter gallery I get the error message "This operation could not be completed successfully. Not enough storage is available to complete this operation."

File size – 174MB, applying 2 filters, progress bar on the bottom almost gets to the end before the message appears.

Computer 2GB ram, 250GB HD, separate 75GB scratch disk, P4 3.6ghz

The filter will be applied if I close the error dialog and hit OK to apply the filters. However, with a larger file this is not true, I get the same error message after Filter Gallery has closed but before the filters have been applied.

Any suggestions/explanations??

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Apr 23, 2005
try turning down the memory percentage in the prefrences to about 40-50% to see if that frees up enough space.
K
kdaphoto
Apr 23, 2005
Thanks Dave, that did the trick. It also made filter gallery perform better.

Can you explain why that worked? I’m a little sketchy on how PS uses memory that way.

Thanks.
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 24, 2005
some filters use memory inside the ps 2gig address space instead of allocating their own new 2gig address space outside of photoshop’s. i guess you found one! 🙂
SB
Scott_Byer
Apr 25, 2005
Close – some filters like allocating the entire image as one chunk, outside of Photoshop’s normal image memory, but still has to be within the 2GB address space limit (4GB for Photoshop CS2 on Windows XP 64 Bit Edition).

Lowering the memory percentage reduces the amount of that address space dedicated to image memory. Note that Photoshop CS2 also tries to be more flexible in this regard, and will be better even if the slider percentage is set higher.

-Scott

wrote:
some filters use memory inside the ps 2gig address space instead of allocating their own new 2gig address space outside of photoshop’s. i guess you found one! 🙂
DM
dave_milbut
May 1, 2005
cool scott. thanks.

dave

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections