W
Posted By
weedhopper
May 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After working on an image I try to save it in my photographs. I can’t open it with Windows fax and picture viewer.

If I change it to a JPEG, it won’t save at all. Can anyone help?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JM
Joseph Meehan
May 15, 2008
What file type is it now?

"weedhopper" wrote in message
After working on an image I try to save it in my photographs. I can’t open it with Windows fax and picture viewer.

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit
B
BILL
May 16, 2008

Go to Edit-File association. and check that jpeg is ticked if not tick it. Bill
RG
Roy G
May 16, 2008

What kind of file is PSE saving your edited image as??

PSE will tend to save files in Adobe’s native file type PSD, and they cannot be opened in Windows fax and picture viewer. Use the File Type drop down in the Save Dialogue to select Jpeg instead of PSD.

If your image is 16 bit colour or has layers, then it cannot be saved as an ordinary Jpeg.

Roy G
JM
Joseph Meehan
May 16, 2008
That’s a good catch. I had not thought of that, but that could fit the OP’s original post, other than the problem with saving the JPEG format which may be a totally different issue.

"Roy G" wrote in message

What kind of file is PSE saving your edited image as??

PSE will tend to save files in Adobe’s native file type PSD, and they cannot be opened in Windows fax and picture viewer. Use the File Type drop down in the Save Dialogue to select Jpeg instead of PSD.
If your image is 16 bit colour or has layers, then it cannot be saved as an ordinary Jpeg.

Roy G

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections