S
Posted By
steve
Apr 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have created a slideshow in PE 5. I want to work on it on another computer that I have PE5 installed on. But I cannot see where this file say its called Easter is stored. I have searched for the title and searched in
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe \Photoshop Elements\Catalogs
and
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\MyName\Application Data\Adobe \Photoshop Elements\Catalogs

Does anyone know where or if I can get the file for a slide show to move to another computer. I want it in the original PE format so that I can continue to do editing on it.

Regards

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Bob
Apr 3, 2008
Can you open it from within PE 5?

——-
*Report back, please*
[When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so that others may learn and benefit from the issue]

[How to ask a question]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"steve" wrote in message
I have created a slideshow in PE 5. I want to work on it on another computer that I have PE5 installed on. But I cannot see where this file say its called Easter is stored. I have searched for the title and searched in
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe \Photoshop Elements\Catalogs
and
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\MyName\Application Data\Adobe \Photoshop Elements\Catalogs

Does anyone know where or if I can get the file for a slide show to move to another computer. I want it in the original PE format so that I can continue to do editing on it.

Regards
S
steve
Apr 3, 2008
On Apr 2, 11:43 pm, "Bob" wrote:
Well yes, from the original computer yes I can open it fine. I want to work on it now from another computer that has PE5 Loaded on it. I am unclear on how to get the working copy onto the other computer.

Regards
B
Bob
Apr 3, 2008
Ok, the reason I asked is this.
Open the file. Click File>SaveAs and make note of the location it defaults to so that you will know where it is.
——-
*Report back, please*
[When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so that others may learn and benefit from the issue]

[How to ask a question]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"steve" wrote in message
Well yes, from the original computer yes I can open it fine. I want to work on it now from another computer that has PE5 Loaded on it. I am unclear on how to get the working copy onto the other computer.
Regards

S
steve
Apr 3, 2008
On Apr 3, 10:02 am, "Bob" wrote:
Open the file. Click File>SaveAs and make note of the location it defaults to so that you will know where it is.
——-
*Report back, please*

[How to ask a question]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
"steve" wrote in message

Regards

You certainly make a valid point. However, When i do this to save a creation there is no path. The only time I get a path is when Im trying output the file to save it as an wmv format for actualy showing as a finished copy. When you save, it does not give you an option to save in some place, only a name of your project. Which I have looked for but cannot fine. As I think about this more and more I think I know the answer to my problem. The reason you cannot copy and move a creation is because it is not in a nice neat little file. Maybe its stored in the catelogue some how?? I dont know?

Regards
B
Bob
Apr 3, 2008
Try this:
Press WinKey+F. In the search window that appears type wmv. ——-

*Report back, please*
"steve" wrote in message
Open the file. Click File>SaveAs and make note of the location it defaults
to so that you will know where it is.
——-
*Report back, please*
[When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
that others may learn and benefit from the issue]

"steve" wrote in message

Regards

You certainly make a valid point. However, When i do this to save a creation there is no path. The only time I get a path is when Im trying output the file to save it as an wmv format for actualy showing as a finished copy. When you save, it does not give you an option to save in some place, only a name of your project. Which I have looked for but cannot fine. As I think about this more and more I think I know the answer to my problem. The reason you cannot copy and move a creation is because it is not in a nice neat little file. Maybe its stored in the catelogue some how?? I dont know?

Regards
S
steve
Apr 3, 2008
On Apr 3, 12:35 pm, "Bob" wrote:
Try this:

*Report back, please*"steve" wrote in message

——-
*Report back, please*
[When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so

"steve" wrote in message

Regards

Regards

I tried as you suggested, but still nothing. (I searched everywhere including hidden folders) I think the problem is that it is NOT a wmv file yet. It has not been output’ed to any file yet its just saved in the PE5 as a creation not as a wmv yet.
Regards
B
Bob
Apr 3, 2008
Output>Save As a file.
——-
*Report back, please*

"steve" wrote in message
On Apr 3, 12:35 pm, "Bob" wrote:
Try this:

*Report back, please*"steve" wrote in message

——-
*Report back, please*
[When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to
so

"steve" wrote in message

Well yes, from the original computer yes I can open it fine. I want to
work on it now from another computer that has PE5 Loaded on it. I am unclear on how to get the working copy onto the other computer.

Regards

Regards

I tried as you suggested, but still nothing. (I searched everywhere including hidden folders) I think the problem is that it is NOT a wmv file yet. It has not been output’ed to any file yet its just saved in the PE5 as a creation not as a wmv yet.
Regards
S
steve
Apr 4, 2008
On Apr 3, 3:36 pm, "Bob" wrote:
Output>Save As a file.

On my software all Im able to save it as is a .wmv or pdf . While this is a portable file that you can move elsewhere, the problem is that you cannot use this to re open the pictures and continue editing the slide show on another computer.

Regards

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections