CQ
Posted By
curtis.quist
Mar 5, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just purchased Photoshop Elements 6 and am looking at putting it on my laptop and desktop. I am the only one using them, so I don’t believe that there is a problem with this. The question I have though is that one day, in the not too distant future, I may be buying a new desktop. When I do, I will reimage the hard drive and sell the old one. Am I going to have any difficulties loading Photoshop Elements on these computers (are there a maximun number of installations allowed with a license, does it physcally stop me somehow)?

Thanks ahead of time,

Curtis

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Bob
Mar 5, 2008
I don’t think it’s a problem. My PSE5 is installed on 3 PCs. The only caveat is I never purchased a CD. I purchased via download. Don’t know if that makes a difference.

wrote in message
I just purchased Photoshop Elements 6 and am looking at putting it on my laptop and desktop. I am the only one using them, so I don’t believe that there is a problem with this. The question I have though is that one day, in the not too distant future, I may be buying a new desktop. When I do, I will reimage the hard drive and sell the old one. Am I going to have any difficulties loading Photoshop Elements on these computers (are there a maximun number of installations allowed with a license, does it physcally stop me somehow)?
Thanks ahead of time,

Curtis
OK
Ole Kvaal
Mar 7, 2008
Bob wrote:
I don’t think it’s a problem. My PSE5 is installed on 3 PCs. The only caveat is I never purchased a CD. I purchased via download. Don’t know if that makes a difference.

Same with me. Originally dl’d PSE5 to XP PC, then copied the PSE_5.0_WIN_TRYBUY.exe to two Vista machines. Programs worked fine, but somewhere along this process the Help Center got corrupted. 🙁 Tried Elements Village and now I’m waiting for a reply from the tech support. But then, most likely this is just me.

bows,
ole k
DA
Dennis Alsip
Mar 8, 2008
Directly from the PS Elelments 6.0 EULA:
2.4 Portable or Home Computer Use. Subject to the important restrictions set forth in Section 2.5 below, the primary user of the Computer on which the Software is installed ("Primary User") may install a second copy of the Software for his or her exclusive use on either a portable Computer or a Computer located at his or her home, provided that the Software on the portable or home Computer is not used at the same time as the Software on the primary Computer. You may be required to contact Adobe in order to make a second copy.

2.5 Restrictions on Secondary Use by Volume Licensees. If the Software was obtained under an Adobe volume license program (currently known as Adobe Open Options) by any licensee other than an educational volume licensee, the second copy of the Software made under Section 2.4 must be used solely for the benefit and business of that volume licensee. For more information about secondary use by volume licensees, please visit our website at http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/openoptions .

"ole kvaal" wrote in message
Bob wrote:

Same with me. Originally dl’d PSE5 to XP PC, then copied the PSE_5.0_WIN_TRYBUY.exe to two Vista machines. Programs worked fine, but somewhere along this process the Help Center got corrupted. 🙁 Tried Elements Village and now I’m waiting for a reply from the tech support. But then, most likely this is just me.

bows,
ole k
OK
Ole Kvaal
Mar 10, 2008
Dennis Alsip wrote:
Directly from the PS Elelments 6.0 EULA:
(snip)

Ah- that may explain quite a lot. Anyway, I’m still waiting for a reply from tech support, but now I know (partly) what they are going to say 🙂

Again, thanks

ole k

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections