Posted By
Nicolas_Aguttes
May 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I have bought PSE3 and downloaded the Windows version. I am now considering quitting PC for Apple but was wondering if I could still use PSE on my Mac from a legal point of view (i.e. will I have to buy again PSE3 or could I download the Mac version without paying again?

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BP
brendon_pascoe
May 6, 2005
wrote:
Hello,

I have bought PSE3 and downloaded the Windows version. I am now considering quitting PC for Apple but was wondering if I could still use PSE on my Mac from a legal point of view (i.e. will I have to buy again PSE3 or could I download the Mac version without paying again?

Thanks

Nicolas – you need to contact Adobe, and they will send you a form, which you will sign your life away on – return this to them, it has some clauses on it – and then you will be able to cross grade.

Cheers
Brendon
CW
Colin_Walls
May 6, 2005
You do know that you will not have Organizer on the Mac?
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 6, 2005
Since PSE3 isn’t an hybrid disk anymore, you’ll have to contact Adobe to get a replacement disk. I think it’s going to cost you like 5$ or 10$ (shipping + new disk).

Ray
P.S. Welcome on Bright side of the Force 🙂
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 6, 2005
You do know that you will not have Organizer on the Mac?

If you write Tags to the file, then PSE’s file browser will do the job. Besides, he’ll get iPhoto. For free.

Ray
CW
Colin_Walls
May 6, 2005
But File Browser is completely different from Organizer and there are several iPhoto users around here who would like to have Organizer’s greater capabilities.

I just wanted to make sure that the OP knew what he’s getting. Unlike another poster elsewhere who is very upset about this, having discovered too late.
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 7, 2005
Colin,

I don’t want to begin an argument, I’d just like to know what features of the Organizer iPhoto is missing. Because to me, when I switched, I didn’t miss really a thing. It was just different.

Ray
CW
Colin_Walls
May 7, 2005
I’d just like to know what features of the Organizer iPhoto is missing.

Not having a Mac, I haven’t a clue. It’s just that there are a couple of threads from people who seem to feel it’s lacking.

To be clear. I was not dissing Macs or iPhoto in the first place. I was just making sure that the OP knows that the Mac product is different from the PC one. That’s all.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections