Newbie Q: How to make a JPG picture the background of a GIF animation?

R
Posted By
Rex
Jul 19, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi All – Newbie Question: I have a GIF animated file that shows an EKG pulse. The background appears to be white. I have a JPG picture – that has the same pixel height and width as the GIF file – that I want to be the BACKGROUND of the GIF animation. To do that, I’m guessing I need to make the JPG picture the background picture within EACH LAYER in the GIF file – but I don’t know how to do that. Any help with this would be much appreciated! Thanks,
Rex

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
JoeT
Jul 21, 2007
"Rex" wrote in message
Hi All – Newbie Question: I have a GIF animated file that shows an EKG pulse. The background appears to be white. I have a JPG picture – that has the same pixel height and width as the GIF file – that I want to be the BACKGROUND of the GIF animation. To do that, I’m guessing I need to make the JPG picture the background picture within EACH LAYER in the GIF file – but I don’t know how to do that. Any help with this would be much appreciated! Thanks,
Rex

Assuming you’re using elements since this is where you asked, start by converting the jpg to gif then search in help for "animated gif". Follow the directions. Fairly straight forward.
R
Rex
Jul 21, 2007
Great – Thank you, Joe!
Rex

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 00:41:07 -0500, "JoeT"
wrote:

"Rex" wrote in message
Rex

Assuming you’re using elements since this is where you asked, start by converting the jpg to gif then search in help for "animated gif". Follow the directions. Fairly straight forward.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections