Posted By
TodoPorLaPatria(NO Spam)
Jan 24, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Never buy Hewlett Packard Camera’s!

My HP Photo Smart 618 of Euro 545.-, only 5 years old, can’t be repaired because they don’t have spare parts anymore.

Mr. Said, a spokesman of HP in the Netherlands, said to me: "throw it away and buy a new one".

I think this is a bloody shame.

So don’t buy HP camera’s because when they’re broken, you have to buy a new one!!

Jerry,
http://community.webshots.com/user/novamente

—————–
www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com – *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road —————–

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RG
Roy G
Jan 24, 2007
"El Capit
JM
Joseph Meehan
Jan 24, 2007
El Capit
B
BW
Jan 24, 2007
What will even make you sick is that you can go on ebay and buy one now for about 35.00(US) , I’ve bought 2 more since my original and haven’t had a problem except with the zoom not working on my original….. What were these brand new 400.00 (US)?

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:00:42 GMT, "Roy G"
wrote:

"El Capitán©" <TodoPorLaPatria(NO Spam)@ZeelandNet.NL> wrote in message
Never buy Hewlett Packard Camera’s!

My HP Photo Smart 618 of Euro 545.-, only 5 years old, can’t be repaired because they don’t have spare parts anymore.

Mr. Said, a spokesman of HP in the Netherlands, said to me: "throw it away and buy a new one".

I think this is a bloody shame.

So don’t buy HP camera’s because when they’re broken, you have to buy a new one!!

Jerry,
http://community.webshots.com/user/novamente
Hi

What did you expect.

HP are a consumer electronics company.

Anything 5 years old has been obsolete for at least 4 and a half years, and they are not going to keep the parts.

Mind you having said that, they are still selling computers with long time obsolete USB 1.1 Card Readers built in, and won’t explain themselves to annoyed customers.

Buy from a known Camera Company, who might just be more inclined to hold spare parts longer, but there is no guarantee that they will still have all parts available after 5 years.

Roy G

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections