SS
Posted By
Susan_Schermer
Jun 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am working on Windows xp which did not come in the computer, it is an upgrade from Windows 98. Since I installed Camera Raw 2.2 in the plug-ins folder my images on the Epson 2200 have been printing dark, unsaturated, and with a green cast. They dont even closely resemble what was appears on my monitor.

At first I didn’t know what had changed, but the idea of it being a result of installing CR 2.2 came to me and I tested it out by removing the Camera Raw 2.2 plug-in and "Voila!" the prints went back to normal. My conclusion: something either in my system or in the interface of 2.2 with Photoshop is causing my files to corrupt.

Anyone out there having a similar problem?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BL
Bill_Lamp
Jun 23, 2004
XP-Home upgrade from Win-98-SE with LOTS of registry work and I did a lot of driver downloading before the change to have them on hand.

Photoshop 6 was installed and survived.
Over the couple of years: Upgrade through 7 to CS.
Camera RAW 2.2 installed.
Epson 2200 prints the same before & after Camera RAW 2.2.

Bill
BL
Bill_Lamp
Jun 25, 2004
After reading your question and replying on how I recalled prints looking before & after RAW 2.2, I re-printed a file that was last printed on my 2200 with CS pre-RAW 2.2 with the current RAW 2.2 installed. I did a very close check on the color, sharpness, etc. 12" x 18" printed image size Enhanced Matte paper 2880×1440 with Epson’s "new" profiles for both pictures. I couldn’t find any difference.

Bill

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections