BD
Posted By
Bernard_Dwyer
Dec 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi – I’ve imported a filmstrip from Premiere Pro 1.5 to Photoshop CS2. It’s a book cover staying stationary for about 60% of the filmstrip, then it opens. The camera was positioned looking over the left shoulder of the actor, into her lap, where she was holding a photo album – plush (padded) pink cover, with some gold-leaf curliques around the edge.

I want to put a title on this cover, and maintain correct perspective as the book is opened. I added the title in an extra layer to the first frame, then used Ctrl-Shift-Alt-<arrow> keys to copy that to successive frames until I got to the point where the cover started to move.

Now I have to add the title AND distort it somehow to match the book cover’s movement upwards and to the left, and to do it smoothly – rather than judging by eye for each frame, is there a way I can calculate the progressive distortion or warp I’ll have to apply?

I had thought to start at the end, manually warp or distort the title image on the final frame where the cover is almost open and edge-on to the camera, then read off the values of the distortion, and divide the difference between fully-distorted and not distorted into the number of frames I have to modify, then increment the distortion by that result as I advance each frame from "not distorted" to "fully distorted (i.e. the final frame), but I’m pretty sure it’s not a linear progression.

Any thoughts?

P.S. there’s a "3D-Motion" tool in Premiere Pro, but my attempt at using that didn’t look very good.

regards

Bernie Dwyer

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections