PL
Posted By
Peter Linnell
Dec 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can someone explain to me how to make a metallic effect? I want to make one word look like real silver and another look like real gold. Simply coloring them silver or gold isn’t doing the job. I’d like them to look shiny like real metal. I got the drop shadows added and that helps a little. I added an inner glow which also helps a little for depth but it’s still missing that metallic feel. It looks more like neon now rather than metal.
Thx!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Dec 1, 2007
"
PL
Peter Linnell
Dec 1, 2007
Toobi-Won Kenobi wrote:
"ÐïÅßö¥ø§©" wrote in message
Can someone explain to me how to make a metallic effect? I want to make one word look like real silver and another look like real gold. Simply coloring them silver or gold isn’t doing the job. I’d like them to look shiny like real metal. I got the drop shadows added and that helps a little. I added an inner glow which also helps a little for depth but it’s still missing that metallic feel. It looks more like neon now rather than metal.
Thx!

Are you expecting the effect to show in print or on screen? you need to include reflections/shadows to any object you wish to represent as metallic otherwise it tends to look flat.
Afew text tutorials here
http://home.zonnet.nl/epragt/tutorials/photoshop/index.jsp.h tm
TWK
Thx for the link it looks like it will help me alot. I’m only trying to get the effect to show on screen not in print. Thx again!
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Dec 1, 2007
"

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections