Posted By
Zeephoenix
Aug 3, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello All,

Is anyone familiar on how to created a raised transparent image effect using Photoshop 7.0?

The best I can explain this is a perfectly normal picture with a raised image from beneath. I could have a picture of the Grand Canyon with a ghost image of a dolphin showing. Somehow the top layer is raised by the lower layer to show the exact image of a dolphin.

I am wondering if it is not done via an Overlay process or some advanced layer procedure.

I saw an image done this way a few years back in Popular Photography (at least that is what comes to mind.) It was a picture of a southwest desert landscape with an indian image in the clouds, etc.

Please help if you can. A tutorial or other good resource is appreciated.

(Please reply in newsgroup seeing that posting actual e-mail has only led to tons of bogus spam.)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Rob
Aug 4, 2006
Zeephoenix wrote:
Hello All,

Is anyone familiar on how to created a raised transparent image effect using Photoshop 7.0?

The best I can explain this is a perfectly normal picture with a raised image from beneath. I could have a picture of the Grand Canyon with a ghost image of a dolphin showing. Somehow the top layer is raised by the lower layer to show the exact image of a dolphin.

I am wondering if it is not done via an Overlay process or some advanced layer procedure.

I saw an image done this way a few years back in Popular Photography (at least that is what comes to mind.) It was a picture of a southwest desert landscape with an indian image in the clouds, etc.
Please help if you can. A tutorial or other good resource is appreciated.
(Please reply in newsgroup seeing that posting actual e-mail has only led to tons of bogus spam.)

Layer – cut out image – reduce the opacity (use the layers box its there) – try to separate the image more with say something like, inner glow, drop shadow, etc, from layer > styles.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections