HJ
Posted By
hugh jass
Jan 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to put a 3D effect on some text. In other words, like changing a box to a cube, with faces transparent and all edges visible. I tried to do this in Adobe Illustrator, but couldn’t find the functionality for it.
Does anyone know how / where I can do this?
thanks, hj

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

A
Alvie
Jan 15, 2004
I use Corel Photopaint to get this effect but no doubt some devotee of PS will have discovered a 128 step instruction for the same thingPP does in 2 clicks… Can’t wait to hear it!

ABC

"hugh jass" wrote in message
I am trying to put a 3D effect on some text. In other words, like
changing
a box to a cube, with faces transparent and all edges visible. I tried to do this in Adobe Illustrator, but couldn’t find the
functionality
for it.
Does anyone know how / where I can do this?
thanks, hj

HJ
hugh jass
Jan 16, 2004
Hey, what’s a PP person doing on a PS newsgroup?
I don’t have PP, but I do have PS so no point in going down that road I guess.
thanks, hj

:
: ABC
:
: "hugh jass" wrote in message
: : > I am trying to put a 3D effect on some text. In other words, like : changing
: > a box to a cube, with faces transparent and all edges visible. : > I tried to do this in Adobe Illustrator, but couldn’t find the : functionality
: > for it.
: > Does anyone know how / where I can do this?
: > thanks, hj
: >
: > —
: > ______________________
: > please remove the obvious from my email…
:
:
A
Alvie
Jan 16, 2004
I found I need both Corel and Photoshop to achieve the results I want. Seeing as no one has jumped to answer your question, maybe you will too! ABC

thanks, hj

As an after thought.
www.Alienskin.com produce Eye Candy 4000 which has a ‘bevel boss’ function that will do an inverted bevel effect. The effect you look for is called "the boss" under Corel and is actually a beveling tool. Instead of raised type it is inverted to look hollow. Given that Eye candy costs $200 or so, you’d need a fair amount of justification eh?
ABC

"Alvie" wrote in message
I found I need both Corel and Photoshop to achieve the results I want. Seeing as no one has jumped to answer your question, maybe you will too! ABC

thanks, hj

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections