BC
Posted By
Bill Crocker
Sep 13, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m currently using Paint Shop Pro v 9.01, and I have an attractive upgrade offer to PSP v XI. Right before receiving the offer, I heard about Photoshop Elements v 5 due out soon.

Are there any ex-PSP users who have switched to Photoshop Elements, and are you happy with your decision?

Thanks,
Bill Crocker

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Bob
Sep 13, 2006
I swiched to PSE3 about a year and a half ago. I love PSE. I then upgraded to 4 when it came out and it is even better then 3. I can hardly wait of 5.0 to come be released. It looks even better. If you go to this site they have some
information about 5.0. http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com I’m a subscriber to this site. It is the best money I spent. I’ve learned so much about PSE. There is alot of information at this site.

I hope this helps,
Bob

"Bill Crocker" wrote in message
I’m currently using Paint Shop Pro v 9.01, and I have an attractive upgrade offer to PSP v XI. Right before receiving the offer, I heard about Photoshop Elements v 5 due out soon.

Are there any ex-PSP users who have switched to Photoshop Elements, and are you happy with your decision?

Thanks,
Bill Crocker
H
HiJack
Sep 14, 2006
Yes, I finally quit PSP at version 7. I had started with them way back around version 1 or 2.

I had read so many bad things about the versions after 7 that I decided it was time to change.

Yes, I do go back to my PSP 7 when I need to do something down and dirty quick, mainly because I’m used to it. But I do use Elements 4 as much as I can to get used to it.

Yes, I am happy with elements and will NOT got back to any later version of PSP

Jack

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 14:00:19 -0400, "Bill Crocker" wrote:

Thanks,
Bill Crocker
DK
Diane Koers
Sep 14, 2006
FWIW, I’ve worked and written about both products. I found some features I like much better in PSP than PE, and others that are better in PE. One thing PE is much better at is the photo organization area with the features in the Organizer. The redeye feature is much easier to use in PE than PSP, however, I’m still using PSP V9 so they may have made changes in X or the new XI version. In PSP I found better control options for the drawing and retouching tools. So it’s really six of one and half dozen of the other. There’s no perfect software out there!

Diane

"Bill Crocker" wrote in message

Thanks,
Bill Crocker
BC
Bill Crocker
Oct 1, 2006
Well I went for the Corel Paint Shop Pro PHOTO XI upgrade, and it was a mistake. I’ve taken advantage of their money back guarantee.

I’ve since purchased Photoshop Elements 5.0, and I really like it!

Bill Crocker

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections