LC
Posted By
Linda_Carter
Oct 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m TRYING to move over into Photoshop after a happy ten years with Paint Shop Pro. I was doing fairly well finding equivalent tools and techniques in PS until I hit a brick wall. If I work on a file in PS the colors will shift and no longer blend into an existing PSP design. What’s happening here and how do I compensate?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 24, 2008
You might want to read up on color management – something PSP rarely does, and Photoshop does by default.
C
Curvemeister
Oct 24, 2008
Hi Linda,

As Chris says, Photoshop is a color managed application. One approach is to grab on and ride the bear, which means learn about color management. For example, you can assign your monitor profile to your Photoshop images, and the colors will match your existing images in PSP and on the web.

Another approach is to turn Photoshop’s color management off in Color Settings (ctrl-shift-K to open the Color Settings dialog, then select "Color Management Off" in the settings drop down list at the top of the dialog.

This will make your colors match those in PSP, after which you can learn about color management if and when you have the time.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections