CR
Posted By
Charisma_Riley
Nov 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
So, I am an avid user of the pen tool for Photoshop when making paths for selection… I also use it to draw in Illustrator. I expected the pen tool to behave the same way in both applications, but my Photoshop tool is being a pain! Here’s the problem: In Illustrator, when I want to keep a curve I’ve drawn but lose the handles to continue the curve, I simply select the end point again, and the handles disappear, but the curve remains and I can continue drawing. However, in Photoshop, when I click the endpoint after drawing a curve, it does NOT remove the handles and tries to continue the curve with my next point placement. Can anyone tell me how i can get the pen tool in Photoshop to work like the one in Illustrator? Cause what I’m ending up doing as a workaround is creating an endpoint on the handle of the curve, then deleting it. Then I have to restart the path somewhere else and work backwards to that place to rejoin them. It’s a major hassle! Any advice is appreciated!

TIA!
CR

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

I
ID._Awe
Nov 1, 2007
Double-click.
CR
Charisma_Riley
Nov 1, 2007
Double-clicking the endpoint did me absolutely no good. Any other thoughts?
DB
David_Biddlecombe
Nov 2, 2007
Alt-click.
CR
Charisma_Riley
Nov 2, 2007
EXCELLENT!! Thank you millions!!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections