Posted By
mark_harrison
Oct 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I just loaded a new font (playbill) and suddenly the type tool is no longer working. There is no cursor visibly (just a dot) and when I type nothing appears. But PS allows me to try to warp the invisible text as if something is there. Opening an earlier Photoshop CS I can use the type tool and the recently added Playbill font.

Any ideas what’s causing my lack of type tool functionality, and more importantly, how to get it back?

Done a restart and still a problem.

Thanks for any help in this matter.

OS 10.4.11

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NK
Neil_Keller
Oct 21, 2008
mark,

Regardless of the font working in CS, check and see if the font is either a duplicate installation or corrupted.

Neil
MH
mark_harrison
Oct 22, 2008
Neil,

hi, I’ve tried that, resolved some duplicates and removed a couple of problem fonts but still no luck with CS2. I also removed the newly added fonts but still no joy. Shut down and restarted. I have 205 fonts.

Would you suggest i reinstall CS2? Or can the fonts be reset? I’m not sure how fonts interact with CS2, especially when CS can handle them okay. A pathway has been corrupted possibly?

mark
NK
Neil_Keller
Oct 22, 2008
mark,

Before reinstalling CS2, try resetting Photoshop’s preferences. (Immediately upon launch, press and hold Command+Option+Shift until message appears.)

Neil
MH
mark_harrison
Oct 22, 2008
Hi Neil,

That did the trick.

I didn’t know about that prefs reset- you learn something everyday!

Thanks for the assist!

best,

Mark
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 22, 2008
Often just resetting the Type Tool itself will do the trick and you don’t have to go through all your preferences again.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections