JA
Posted By
Justin_Adelson
Jan 31, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to make a curved arrow using the pen tool and every time I am finished, I end up with a closed curve. What steps am I missing to remove the straight line that closes my curve? Note: I manually erased the line in the example, I don’t want to have to do that every single time.

<http://photobucket.com/>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 31, 2007
Not sure what you are doing.What are your steps? How are you stroking the path?

Look at the Options Bar. There are three icons on the left with the Pen tool. Are you on the Shape Layer icon? Switch to the Pen icon.

Or are you making a selection and stroking that? Stroke the path from the Paths palette or choose a brush and hit Enter.
JA
Justin_Adelson
Jan 31, 2007
I have been the "shape layers" option in the options bar; I just started fooling around with the "paths" option (pen option, like you said, Ed). Afterwards, I would use the Stroke style under the layer’s blending option…if that makes sense.
JA
Justin_Adelson
Jan 31, 2007
So, I think I finally figured out my "curved arrow" problem; I used Ed’s suggestions and was able to draw the curve without any previous problems. (Thanks)
My question, though, is can I add an arrowhead to the end of the path/line, or is that something more on the lines of a copy/paste job?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 31, 2007
The Line tool can add arrowheads. Just make a very very short line. Unfortunately paths don’t have an arrowhead option.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections