D
Posted By
DaveS
Apr 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently changed camera’s from a Nikon D70 to the Nikon D200. When shooting RAW (NEF in Nikon terminology) pictures with the D70 those pictures were easily captured when I open the Organizer portion of Elements. However with the D200 Elements (version 3 btw) rejects them. It indicates that they are "corrupt" or have the wrong format. I’m using the same CF cards, the same settings (RAW and JPEG) options to capture the pictures yet Elements only will allow me to "get" the jpeg files.

Has anyone got a clue as to what may be wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Dave S

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RG
Roy G
Apr 28, 2006
"DaveS" wrote in message
I recently changed camera’s from a Nikon D70 to the Nikon D200. When shooting RAW (NEF in Nikon terminology) pictures with the D70 those pictures were easily captured when I open the Organizer portion of Elements. However with the D200 Elements (version 3 btw) rejects them. It indicates that they are "corrupt" or have the wrong format. I’m using the same CF cards, the same settings (RAW and JPEG) options to capture the pictures yet Elements only will allow me to "get" the jpeg files.
Has anyone got a clue as to what may be wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Dave S
Hi there.

Elements 3 was out, and replaced by 4 long before the D200 came on the market. Its NEF files are different from the D70s, and will need an updated ACR Plugin.

I do not know if the latest ACR can handle the D200 NEFs yet, or if it will work with Elements 3.

Have a look at the Adobe download site, and download and try the latest ACR. But you may also need to update to Elements 4.

Adobe and Nikon are pains in the Butt about this.

If you are really stuck, you could always use the crappy Nikon Raw Converter which will be on one of the CDs you got with the Camera, but you will need to delete it again, before any ACR will work.

ACR is Adobe Camera Raw Plugin.

Roy G
D
DaveS
Apr 30, 2006
"Roy G" wrote in message
<< snip >>
Hi there.

Elements 3 was out, and replaced by 4 long before the D200 came on the market. Its NEF files are different from the D70s, and will need an updated ACR Plugin.

I do not know if the latest ACR can handle the D200 NEFs yet, or if it will work with Elements 3.

Have a look at the Adobe download site, and download and try the latest ACR. But you may also need to update to Elements 4.

If you are really stuck, you could always use the crappy Nikon Raw Converter which will be on one of the CDs you got with the Camera, but you will need to delete it again, before any ACR will work.

Roy G

Roy, you nailed it. I went in and got the updates and it worked fine after that. Then I upgraded to Elements 4 as well to be on the safe side about future "stuff". I also asked to be notified for any future updates that impact all my Adobe software.

I appreciate your input and help.

Dave
JB
JTS Brown
May 4, 2006
"DaveS" wrote in message
"Roy G" wrote in message
<< snip >>
Hi there.

Roy G

Roy, you nailed it. I went in and got the updates and it worked fine after that. Then I upgraded to Elements 4 as well to be on the safe side about future "stuff". I also asked to be notified for any future updates that impact all my Adobe software.

I appreciate your input and help.

Dave

The plural of photo is photos.
The plural of camera is cameras.
There is no need to put quotation marks around getting, unless you are trying to indicate irony.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections