H
Posted By
HP
Mar 8, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Elements 4.0. It takes it about 8 to 12 minutes for the program to shut down when I need it to.
Anyone else have this problem? Know how to decrease the shut down time? Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DI
Donna in Texas
Mar 9, 2006
I have found Photoshop (I’m using Elements 4.0) to be very unstable. I’m no longer surprised when it freezes or has a "fatal error" during a DVD burn.

Donna
"HP" wrote in message
I have Elements 4.0. It takes it about 8 to 12 minutes for the program to shut down when I need it to.

H
HP
Mar 9, 2006
Well, I don’t have a fatal error problem, just the long shut down time.

"Donna in Texas" wrote in message
I have found Photoshop (I’m using Elements 4.0) to be very unstable. I’m
no
longer surprised when it freezes or has a "fatal error" during a DVD burn.
Donna
"HP" wrote in message
I have Elements 4.0. It takes it about 8 to 12 minutes for the program
to
shut down when I need it to.

R
RK
Mar 12, 2006
It’s a true memory hog. Figure out which services you want (I only want to edit) and bypass the others. It is possible to open the edit without Organizer, etc. If you do that you will get much better performance. The other thing is that you do have to have a good supply of memory (256 absolute minimum) and try to close just about everything else on your computer.
F
FryBob
Mar 12, 2006
I don’t seem to have any problems with mine. I’m running an Athlon64 3500 with 2 gigs of ram. Elements 4 loads in about 14 seconds and when I shut it down it seems to go off instantly. I really think the amount of ram may be the problem and solution.

Bob

"Ron" wrote in message
It’s a true memory hog. Figure out which services you want (I only want to edit) and bypass the others. It is possible to open the edit without Organizer, etc. If you do that you will get much better performance. The other thing is that you do have to have a good supply of memory (256 absolute minimum) and try to close just about everything else on your computer.
R
RK
Mar 14, 2006
With two gigs of ram you can go to the moon. Most users don’t have that. You may be right but the program should not assume these exreme limits.
H
HP
Mar 14, 2006
Thanks for the replys. I only open in edit. I have 512mb of RAM. Pentium 4 processor….whatever.
Still takes forever to shut down.
Thanks.

"Ron" wrote in message

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections