Windows ME shuts down when Elements and IE run at the same time!

ER
Posted By
Eladio_Robles
Dec 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Prior to adding a new 128 mb memory upgrade I was able to have internet explorer AND elements 2.0 open at the same time. Now that I’ve added the memory upgrade I can’t have both open because it will lock up or my pc will automatically shut down.

Is this an issue with the memory upgrade?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 26, 2003
Pull the new RAM. If the problem goes away you’ll have your answer. I’m really not trying to be a smart aleck, but that’s quick and easy and will be the best test. It does sound like either the RAM is bad or maybe just installed in the wrong config.
ER
Eladio_Robles
Dec 26, 2003
Yeah after posting the question I kind of thought it would be self explanatory…lol, but I thought there could be another non obvious explanation.

Thanks.
AD
Albert_Dukes
Jan 4, 2004
I have a similar problem with Windows ME…upon starting my computer, I can go into Elements and have no problems…but then, even if I close out of it and go to IE, my computer freezes…similarly, if upon starting my computer I go to IE first I have no problem…if I close out of that and then open Elements, it freezes while working on a project and I get a ‘photoshop has caused an error in user’ and will now close…any idea how I can fix this?
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 4, 2004
No, I’ve never heard of that problem. Maybe you should search the support site at Adobe.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections