JE
Posted By
jim evans
Dec 17, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use Photoshop and am trying to help a friend who uses Elements 4. I’ve run into two PS features I can’t seem to find in PSE — Color Balance and the Transform Selection feature that;s in the Photoshop Select menu. Transform Selection lets you use handles to reshape a selection. Does PSE have these features and if so where are they?

jim

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JM
Joseph Meehan
Dec 17, 2005
jim evans wrote:
I use Photoshop and am trying to help a friend who uses Elements 4. I’ve run into two PS features I can’t seem to find in PSE — Color Balance and the Transform Selection feature that;s in the Photoshop Select menu. Transform Selection lets you use handles to reshape a selection. Does PSE have these features and if so where are they?
jim

I am not sure if they are the same functions, but take a look at "Image – Transform" and "Enhance – Adjust Color" from the top line menu.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
SB
Sandy Birrell
Dec 17, 2005
Joseph Meehan wrote:
jim evans wrote:
jim

I am not sure if they are the same functions, but take a look at "Image – Transform" and "Enhance – Adjust Color" from the top line menu.

With the selection active click on "Select/Modify/Expand" and put in the amount of pixels you want it to grow by.

For the color click on "Enhance/Adjust Color/Color Variations" or do it with Adjustment Layers "Layer/New Adjustment Layer" and do each color chanel seperately.

I’m no expert so I hope this helps 🙂

Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy

E-Mail:-
Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019
JE
jim evans
Dec 17, 2005
Thanks for the replies. I’m concluding PSE doesn’t have these features. I’m not at his house so I can’t check the program but I think I remember looking at Image > Transform and it is more like the Edit > Transform in PS. It lets you reshape the image itself — not a marquee selection — the shape of the crawling ants.

I remember looking at Color Adjust. It has some interesting tools but I didn’t find Color Balance. Here a page explaining the Color Balance tool http://simplephotoshop.com/photoshop_tutorials/color_balance f.htm If you run the animation, in the first part where they are changing "midtones" watch the woman’s dress color. I didn’t see much change in the "shadows" illustration. In the "highlights" illustration watch her skin.

Expanding the selection merely makes it larger, it doesn’t reshape it.

Variations sorta does what I want but the because the thumbnails are so small it is severely limited. PS also has Variations.

jim

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections