JK
Posted By
Jim_K_Dever
Dec 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m plagued with scratch disk errors on my Mac G3 OS 10.2.3 with PE 2. Just installed everything fresh. Lots of disk (80gb) and RAM (768 mb) Mostly get this error when doing extended selections with Magic Wand…Any ideas?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Dec 8, 2003
Try deleting prefs–command+option+shift, if you didn’t do so. Do you have a scratch disk set up? Go to PE>preferences>plug-ins and scratch disk and see if something is funky in your settings there.

I would consider updating to 10.2.6, incidentally. It’s free and it seems to be the best version of jaguar.

When you say installed fresh, what exactly do you mean–just the program or the operating system as well? If everything, did you zero out first? Do you have any kind of backup firewire drive or anything like that? Do you have any Norton on your machine?

You might also get out CPU monitor and see if that shows anything or run TOPs if you know how to do that.
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 8, 2003
Barbara beat me!
JO
john_o_anderson
Apr 4, 2004
Adobe on line error.

When using the updates feature the follow message is recieved.

file could not be down loaded

<http://cgi…orm=ODLLVer=2.8.1.19AOMVer=2.8.1.19>

Your computer in not configured correctly for Adobe Online. Please check the TCP/IP and the HTTP proxy/port settings in the internet control panel.

Does anyone know how to configure these settings?
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 4, 2004
Don’t be fooled, there ARE no updates! 🙂

Go to Edit>Preferences>Adobe Online and set the Frequency to Never. At this point I don’t think you should worry about the message you’re receiving, because there isn’t anything to download. Now if you get this message when you’re trying to perform other tasks like access Help files or Tutorials we’ll have to do some brainstorming. And just a word of warning – downloading new Recipes is hit and miss, too. Sometimes the server seems to be working properly and sometimes it clearly isn’t.
MR
michael_roy
Jun 8, 2004
Lost photoshop 5.0 disk, want to upgrade to 7.0

With all the moving around in our department from building to building, none of us can find the 5.0 disk. we do have the serial#. do we even need a disk to upgrade to 7.0?

thanks
BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 8, 2004
You might want to post this on the forum for full Photoshop where more people have experience with upgrading that program (this is the Elements forum.) However, the way I understand it, you’ll probably need the disc in addition to the serial number in order to go the upgrade route.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 9, 2004
Haven’t look in PS forum to see if he did.
Answer is, PS 7 has it’s own serial number.
BUT you will have to have previous CD for "proof" during installation, not just the serial number from it.
Or have previous version installed on machine.

M

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections