Elements 4.0 users – is it worth the upgrade from Elements 3.0?

S
Posted By
sam
Nov 7, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Specifically I want to do things like select a person and add that person to another photo,
change colors of shirt etc and 4.0 is supposed to have an awesome selection tool.

Elements 4.0 users – Does it work well? What other benefits? How is the speed of 4.0 vs Elements 3.0? Woudl you recommend upgrade? And finally, if so, where is best price?

Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JM
Joseph Meehan
Nov 7, 2005
sam wrote:
Specifically I want to do things like select a person and add that person to another photo,
change colors of shirt etc and 4.0 is supposed to have an awesome selection tool.

Elements 4.0 users – Does it work well? What other benefits? How is the speed of 4.0 vs Elements 3.0? Woudl you recommend upgrade? And finally, if so, where is best price?

Thanks

Read the "Version 4.0 vs 3.0" thread I started 10/28/05. You will get Charles Kerekes response on that subject.

I have put version 4.0 on my Christmas list.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
DI
Don in Centennial CO
Nov 8, 2005
I have it. I love it. It makes selection so much faster with the magic selection brush and the magic extractor. They certainly aren’t perfect, but they are easy to expand or contract when they don’t select just right. I’d recommend it if you’re frustrated with selection difficulty and time required under 3.0.
LW
LeRoy Williams
Nov 8, 2005
Select a person? No better thsn 3.0
Change a color? Yes with magic selection brush.

Suggest you download trial version before you buy. I bought too soon for my use 4.0 no better than 3.0

Lee

"sam" wrote in message

Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections