Xeon
Oct 16, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi!

I currently have PhotoShop 7.0.
Does anyone knows of any Photoshop plug-in/extension that allows me to "give life" to my text?
I know Photoshop has this "Created warped text" tool where you can give effects like Bulge, Inflate, Arc, Shell Upper, Wave, Twist, Fisheye, but I was looking for something beyond these basics.

Thanks all! 🙂
Xeon

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JJ
John_Joslin
Oct 17, 2007
If it must be done in Photoshop, you could right-click on the text layer to convert the text to a path or a shape which can then be manipulated to your heart’s desire.
GD
george_dingwall
Oct 17, 2007
From Photoshop CS and later, there is a filter named Liquify that allows you to get creative with distorting shapes.

I don’t have PS7 installed at the moment, and I don’t remember if PS7 had the Liquify filter.
P
Phosphor
Oct 17, 2007
Yes, Photoshop 7 has "Liquify" (funny how they used "Liquify" and not the more commonly correct version of "Liquefy."), but it doesn’t do envelopes, or work on non-rasterized text.

Anyway, Xeon…you might want to look into Human Software’s "Squizz" plugin < http://www.humansoftware.com/pages1200/Squizz/HSsquizz11.htm l>. Have a look at the OttoPaths and MagicStyles plugins while you’re at that site as well.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections