Visual Pallette of Text Fonts – Is there one in PS?

R
Posted By
rjlasky12
Jun 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In some other Adobe products I can see my fonts represented visually – so I can see what they look like.

In the text font chooser – the stylized fonts come up so I can see what kind of scripts, or serif’s or special looks a font has.

Can I do this with Photoshop CS?

Ray

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

L
LenHewitt
Jun 4, 2004
Ray,

No, but you can highlight some text, CTRL+H to hide the selection and then scroll through your fonts to view each font in turn.
R
rjlasky12
Jun 5, 2004
Just found out a neat way to see the fonts – as they will actually be on the page.

Select the layer of the text in the layer pallette or select the text

Go over to the character pallette and highlight the font itself and keep it highlighted.

Hit the "up arrow key" on the keyboard – and your text will display instantly in the next font – hit the key again – and see what your text will look like in that font!!

This technique also works for other parameters – just highlight the parameter – say font size – and hit the up or down arrow key to see the different sizes!

How come after using PS for years – nobody told me about this? Wish Adobe training would make clearer – more practical guides sometimes – there’s features here that are worth touting about but all we get is silence sometimes from the mother ship.
P
Phosphor
Jun 5, 2004
Some folks, even after hearing about it for years, still think you must highlight/select the text, then "hide" the highlighting.

Nope. Just select the Type layer in the Layers Palette.

Yep. I’m looking at you, Len!

🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections