TK
Posted By
Tim_Kangas
Jun 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 installed on my computer. Tonight when I went into a folder of some photos of a guitar player I noticed that some of them the icon had a tack on the top of it and it said PREFS on it. When I double-clicked on it and Elements opened it showed no picture. There is no preview either like there normally is when I just single click on the icon. I went into Properties and it said it was a PSP file.

I already have gone into Edit-File Associations and hit "Select All". I don’t know why I can’t open these particular photos but I know I’m kind of disgusted that I can’t. I certainly don’t want to install Paint Shop Pro just to open a few files. Anybody know if I can fix this?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 5, 2005
Download IrfanView and try that if you don’t already have it. If it can open the fles, save them in another format like tiff, psd, jpg.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections