Posted By
Colin_Puchala
Apr 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have noticed something recently that is a new phenomenon to me at least. When I browse for a photo in Elements 2.0 and then open the file, there is a VERY noticable yellow hue that is cast over the entire image. After a few seconds, the thumbnail picture in the Browser window also changes, showing this yellow hue.

If I cut a portion of the picture, or crop it, and paste it into a new layer or new canvas, the hue disappears.

Anyone else seen this? It makes it diffucult to do any levels adjustment when it is starting off so "wrong".

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Colin

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BG
Byron Gale
Apr 27, 2005
Colin,

A quick suggestion would be to download and use the Ignore EXIF utility.

Look to the top of the Forum page, click Suppport, then Downloads, then find Photoshop Elements and click either the Win or Mac link, as appropriate for you.

You should also calibrate your system with Adobe Gamma – but I mention the EXIF toggle first because my experience (identical to yours but with a pink-ish cast) was that calibration was a 10% cure, and Ignore EXIF 90%.

HTH,

Byron
CP
Colin_Puchala
Apr 27, 2005
Thank you so much for your reply, Byron. That is exactly what the problem was (although I only seem to have noticed this issue in the past few weeks and I’ve been using Elements for a year).

The only issue that I have now is that the thumbnails that I had previously opened before this fix, still show the yellowish hue. When I open the photo, however, the hue is now gone.

BTW, the pics that I was opening were from a Canon Digital Rebel camera.

Colin
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 27, 2005
The only issue that I have now is that the thumbnails that I had previously opened before this fix, still show the yellowish hue.

Click the More button on the browser window and choose "Purge Cache" (I think that’s where it is in PE 2).
CP
Colin_Puchala
Apr 27, 2005
Thanks, the Purge Cache also cleared the thumbnail issue.

One more question (as this seems to be a great forum for answers!), is why I woulnd’t see the same "yellowing" issue with the same pictures using the same version of Elements on a different comupter (my laptop)?

Just curious.

Thanks again,

Colin.
BG
Byron Gale
Apr 27, 2005
wrote
…why I woulnd’t see the same "yellowing" issue with the same pictures
using the same version of Elements on a different comupter (my laptop)?

Colin,

Because it is a different set of parameters – video adaptor, monitor, monitor profile…

Byron

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections