WO
Posted By
Wolfgang_Oehry
May 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When saving an open picture as JPG, one of the defaults on the save option window is QUALITY, set to MEDIUM.

I’m in the process of having to save about 100 open pictures, and each time I have to reset the quality to HIGH, because after each save, the default setting "Medium" is back. This means that I have to make an additional 2 mouse clicks = 200 totally unnecessary steps!

Why can’t the pinheads at Adobe program it so, that the last setting remains? At least as long as the program is open? Does anybody know if there’s a trick to make it stick at High? I’ve tried Preference, etc. but couldn’t find any possibility to change defaults. I’d appreciate some help with this.

Wolf

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

N
nannygoat
May 29, 2005
Wolfgang,

I do not know of a way to do that. Apparently those who have visited this forum since your post don’t either, or else you would have received a reply long before now. Posts are usually replied to very quickly on this forum.
CW
Colin Walls
May 29, 2005
Just had a thought:
Isn’t there a way to do that with Process Multiple Files?

I was bemused by the idea of having 100 files open at the same time. Doesn’t that bring your computer to its knees?
BH
Beth_Haney
May 29, 2005
Where are you doing this? I use a Mac so only have the "Editor" portion of PSE 3.0. In PSE 3.0, when I do a Save As for a file and choose Max quality, that’s what it goes back to when I do a Save As for a second file; I get the same "sticky" result in PSE 2.0. What’s your workflow? And which version of Elements are you using?

For 100 images, I’d be using either PSE 2’s Batch Processing, which gives four different JPEG quality options, including both High and Max, or PSE 3’s Process Multiple Files, which has the same four.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections