JH
Posted By
Jessa_Hills
Apr 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
whenever I open an image in photoshop and try to use the "save for web" option it is not available. Anyone know why this is happening? The images i open are from iPhoto. I am using an iMac G4 OSX.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Buko
Apr 15, 2004
Did you bother reading our fine and wonderful FAQ section??
JH
Jessa_Hills
Apr 15, 2004
I did but I didn’t find anything pertaining to this except for someone talking about photoshop, but that sounded different because mine isn’t even giving me "save for web" as an option.
G
graffiti
Apr 15, 2004
Buko is referring to THIS <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@@.ee9e8f5> FAQ Jessa.

Fits your problem like a glove.
JH
Jessa_Hills
Apr 15, 2004
I am not sure if it’s because that person was using photoshop 5.5 and I am using 7 but the whole plugin part does not at all match what comes up when I pull up Photoshop:preferences:plugins. Under plugins it doesn’t have any options, it just has a box to check for additional plug-ins. It the image is not multichannel, bitmap of 16 bits/channel. So that wasn’t really much help.
B
Buko
Apr 15, 2004
So do you have a save for web plugin??

did you trash the prefs for SFW
G
graffiti
Apr 15, 2004
Did you check to see that your image is not in Bitmap, Multichannel or 16bit mode?

When reading the FAQ, just substitute 5.5 for 7.0.
JH
Jessa_Hills
Apr 15, 2004
I have not changed any of the preferences from when I installed the PS. I did check and the images are not in any of the modes listed. How do I know if I have the save for web plug in? I have had it before, but not for any of these images I am trying to use it on.
B
Buko
Apr 15, 2004
Did you trash the save for web prefs??

where did these images come from??

how do you know they are not 16bit??
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 16, 2004
Jessa,

Going around in circles here.

It’s not Preferences under the Photoshop menu, it’s the actual SFW Preferences file. I’m 30 miles away from my Mac and I don’t remember where they are in OS X but you could do a find on SFW. Or someone will tell us.
B
Buko
Apr 16, 2004
They are right next to photoshop prefs in

user libarary/prefs
JH
Jessa_Hills
Apr 16, 2004
OK, I know the images are not 16 bit because I checked, they’re RGB color, 8 bits/channel. The images are from iphoto and like I said I have not done anything to photoshop since I installed it, I have only used it but not adjusted anything. I went to user:library:prefs.: I found the photoshop prefs but no save for web prefs. I then did a search for it and founf a file but it will not let me open it. When I click on it PS opens up and says that it can’t be opened because its the wrong file.
G
graffiti
Apr 16, 2004
I went to user:library:prefs.

That’s the wrong folder.

Ok Jessa, let’s try this one more time.

Go to Applications>Adobe Photoshop 7>Plug-Ins>Adobe Photoshop Only>Import/Export and throw the "Save For Web" file in the trash. Restart Photoshop and see if your Save for Web option returns.
JH
Jessa_Hills
Apr 16, 2004
OK, I found it and put it in the trash, but I am still not getting the save for web option.
B
Buko
Apr 16, 2004
I think graffiti had you throw out your SWF plugin. put it back or reinstall it.

what you need to trash is

Adobe Save For Web 3.0 Prefs

that is the exact name. If you do not find them its because you never made any.
JH
Jessa_Hills
Apr 16, 2004
I know that I don’t have this because I never made any, so why will it still not work? I took the SFW plug in out of the trash and put it back where I found it, but still no SFW option.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections