AM
Posted By
Avrohm_Melnick
May 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have the same problem as the original poster but in CS2 using the Photoshop automated pdf presentation script. I want to email customer photos using pdf w/ client comments available, but want the original filenames on the pdf individual photos, rather than just page 1, 2, etc pdf page numbers. It’s a quicker worklflow having the original filenames embedded in the pdf files to go back and get the original files to edit.

I have Acrobat 7 prof (which I’m not too handy at yet), so I suppose I could create a slideshow from scratch which would somehow use original filenames (not quite sure if that’s doable). I could paste the filenames onto the picture, but that would take time. Is there something I’m missing in the CS2 workflow for photographers that everyone else gets? Or, is this the way it’s supposed to work? Otherwise when a client says I like page 18 photo, I have to open the pdf file and compare the image to my original RAW files which I want to edit from, and make sure I’ve got the same photo they want. But if the photos are close, it may be tough.

Or, does everyone just keep the photos they create pdf’s from in the same order in the file they used to create the pdf, and just… let me see, number 18 picture is this one from page number 18 that Joe wanted from the pdf I sent him. Of course, that’s not the same file my RAW photos are in, so then I have to go over there after I’ve got the original filename from counting to number 18 in my jpeg rough proof file which I used to create the pdf from. A bit convoluted for smooth workflow.

Sorry for the long post. Either I’m not getting it, or there is no it.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CW
Colin Walls
May 27, 2005
Avrohm

I would think you would do better posting on the full PS forum.
SC
St_Clark
May 27, 2005
Just to follow up on the original posting, I reported the problem as a bug several weeks ago. Adobe support agree it is a bug but point blank refuse to say if they will do anything about it. So, for now, if you try to create a slideshow PDF the product will strip out the original filenames and give you instead untitled1, untitled2 etc.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections