KC
Posted By
Kasey_Child
May 24, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Has anyone had any problems while using the VCD with menu option? My computer will get partway through the process and then stop transmitting. I will have to close the program and sometimes restart my computer and then start the whole process again.

I’m also having a hard time with the VCD once I get all the way through the process. As I understand it, I should be able to view this with a DVD player or a computer, right? Once I get the whole slideshow on the disk, I can’t seem to find the right file I need to click to be able to view the slideshow while using my computer. When I try to put the disk into my DVD player, I get an error message. Am I doing something wrong?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

I
ieee488
May 24, 2005
Kasey,

Not every standalone DVD player will be able to play a VCD. You’ll need to verify that yours does.

As for playing a VCD on your PC, I believe that
Windows Media Player should be able to. I dabbled with
burning VCDs for a few months before switching over
to DVDs.
KC
Kasey_Child
May 24, 2005
Thanks for your response. I think that my DVD player won’t play VCDs but I’ll have to check the manual. As to playing on my PC, I can’t figure out how it works. When I open the CD on my computer, I can’t find any files to open–even when I try to open the CD from Windows Media Player. Any other suggestions?
CW
Colin Walls
May 24, 2005
To play the VCD on the computer just treat it like a DVD. Most DVD playing software will be fine.
KC
Kasey_Child
May 24, 2005
Do I put it in my DVD player on my computer or in my CD player?
CW
Colin Walls
May 24, 2005
Do I put it in my DVD player on my computer or in my CD player?

DVD. Treat it exactly like you would a "real" DVD.
KC
Kasey_Child
May 24, 2005
Thanks! I’ll give it a try tonight!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections