TM
Posted By
Terry_Morse
Jul 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This may have been discussed previously, but a search of the Adobe support pages didn’t turn anything up.

I’m running PS 7.0.1 on a 166 MHz Pentium 1 w/ 160 MB ram and a 6.2 GB hard drive. When I went to apply filters to an image a couple nights ago (the first time I have used filters in several months), I noticed that Gaussian Blur, Unsharp Mask, and Offset are listed twice in their respective submenus. Only the first-listed of each filter is fully functional. The second listing brings up a dialog box for the filter that responds very slowly to input compared to that brought up by the first menu listing.

Any suggestions how to get rid of the superfluous menu items short of reinstalling PS?

Thanks,
Terry

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Jul 13, 2004
are you pointing to an old ps installation’s plugin folder? or did you move an old install’s plugins to your ps 7 plugin folders?
CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
Jul 13, 2004
Have the same problem in Illustrator with the "disappearing" twirl tool–added the old plug in and the tool is back on the tool bar but I have 2 twirls in the filter menu.

What may have happened is that you moved the whole plugins folder from 7 into CS or you may have your plugins folder pointing to the wrong directory. Try a Search to see if you have 2 plugin folders and then delete the one that is not in the CS application folder
TM
Terry_Morse
Jul 20, 2004
Thank you for the responses.

I do not have Photoshop CS, so migration problems are not the issue. Only one PS plug-ins directory, and no additional directories specified in the Plug-ins & Scratch Disks preferences. I searched my computer, and each filter file exists only once:

gaussianblur.8bf in Photoshop\Plug-ins\Adobe ImageReady Only\Filters unsharpmask.8bf in Photoshop\Plug-ins\Adobe ImageReady Only\Filters offset.8bf is in Photoshop\Plug-ins\Adobe ImageReady Only\Filters

I am not sure why these are in the ImageReady Only subdirectory, but that’s where they are. It’s been awhile since I used Photoshop at home (mostly use it at work these days), so I don’t know exactly when the problem first arose, but I this is the first time I have noticed it.

Any clues there?

Thanks,
Terry
L
LenHewitt
Jul 20, 2004
Terry,

I am not sure why these are in the ImageReady Only subdirectory<<

Because those filters are only for ImageReady. Those functions are built into the core code of Photoshop, not supplied by plugins.

Have you tried deleting your preference file? Details in the FAQ at the top of this forum’s Topic List
TM
Terry_Morse
Jul 24, 2004
Thanks Len. After you mentioned it, I deleted the prefs file, but it didn’t fix the problem.

Terry
L
LenHewitt
Jul 24, 2004
In that case Terry, I would suggest an uninstall – re-install. Depends upon how much it bugs you…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections