Steven_Wandy
Aug 18, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
No answers? Is it at all possible???

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
Aug 18, 2007
100 meg fits on thumb drives you can get for a quarter from those machines that used to sell candy outside the supermarket. leave it alone and get a bigger hard drive if it’s a problem.
JJ
John_Joslin
Aug 18, 2007
What Dave said.

The old habits of saving every bit of space possible on a hard drive are not relevant in the age of 500 gig (and more!) drives.
SW
Steven_Wandy
Aug 18, 2007
I don’t understand these responses. What does the size of my hard drives and/or available space have to do with the fact that I have no need for this program and don’t want it on my hard drive? There is no reason that Adobe could not have given a choice whether or not to install the program or an easy way to remove it.
Thanks to both Dave and John for their helpful responses. Steve
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 18, 2007
There is no reason that Adobe could not have given a choice whether or not to install the program or an easy way to remove it.

while that’s probably true, they didn’t. the responses were meant to point out that you probably have better things to do with your time than worry about 100 meg. 🙂 (or if the 100 meg was so important that you should get a bigger drive! <g>)
RB
Robert_Barnett
Aug 19, 2007
Why bother in the grand scheme of things it is only going to save you a very piddly amount of drive space. If you don’t use it don’t use it.

Robert
SW
Steven_Wandy
Aug 19, 2007
I think that you guys are missing the point. It does not matter the size of my drives and if you did not have an answer to my question WHY did you bother responding at all?
Steve
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 19, 2007
I told you why i responded. 🙂
JJ
John_Joslin
Aug 19, 2007
There has been a paradigm change Steven.

You need to get with it!
SW
Steven_Wandy
Aug 19, 2007
Dave,
But your "response" did not answer the original question so way bother?

John,
Has nothing to do with anything. Again, whether or not I need the space has nothing to do with an application being installed on MY computer that I don’t need/want.

(What I really can’t believe is how long this is going on without an answer to my original question.)
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Aug 19, 2007
Is is possible to uninstall/remove Device Central?

No.

Neither is it possible to uninstall other parts of PS that you don’t use, like Smart Blur, or Pattern Maker for instance.

Rob
JJ
John_Joslin
Aug 19, 2007
You would be surprised how many people are still obsessed with saving hard drive space.

Answers here are for the general good of all readers not just you.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Aug 19, 2007
Sorry. Double post.
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 19, 2007
Is is possible to uninstall/remove Device Central?

no.

and yes i did answer, though you probably didn’t understand it.

from post 5:

There is no reason that Adobe could not have given a choice whether or not to install the program or an easy way to remove it.

while that’s probably true, they didn’t.
SW
Steven_Wandy
Aug 20, 2007
Thanks Rob for making that clear.

Dave: you answered that adobe did not provide it, I was hoping that maybe one of the Adobe gurus who post and respond here might suggest someway other than an automatic removal that was not provided.

John: I realize that answers are for all people – not just even the "hard drive obsessed" ones. My point was that no matter why I wish to remove it (hard drive obsessed or not), the answers I received did not answer the question. They just pointed out that I (and as you pointed out others) should not care what takes up room on their computers.
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 20, 2007
I was hoping that maybe one of the Adobe gurus who post and respond here might suggest someway other than an automatic removal that was not provided.

ok.

if you want to remove it, delete the exe and any dlls associated with it. carefully though.
JJ
John_Joslin
Aug 20, 2007
As a footnote I should point out that, while inert programs taking up HDD space are not a problem, anything which uses resources, for example by running a Service or contacting the Internet (or even a local network), is definitely a problem.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections