PR
Posted By
Priscilla_Ross-Fox
May 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photo Shop Elements came installed on my new pc…when I click on Help AOL opens & then says the file is too large to open with that program…how do I get help with this program?
Thanks, Priscilla

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JJ
Jim_J
May 22, 2005
Priscilla,

Try reinstalling it. AOL has obviously taken over it but the file is only
3.5 megs… hardly something that would kill the computer. It should run on
its own because it is an executable file… Mind you… see if you can open it if you use Internet Explorer. Open Explorer and then click File Open… like you might a Word document.

Cheers
BH
Beth_Haney
May 23, 2005
Jim… Historically there have been problems getting Help to open with the customized browser that AOL uses. Since I’m not as familiar with PSE 3 and Help issues, I might be off base, but here’s something else that might impact it.

Priscilla – what version of Elements is it? Problems with AOL and Help can very often be overcome by going setting a plain vanilla version of Internet Explorer as the default browser for your system. This doesn’t impact your AOL connection, but it often will allow the Help files to open. If this doesn’t work, please post back.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 23, 2005
Yes, the AOL thing should be irrelevant for PE 3, which has its own Help app, but if you have PE 1 or 2, Priscilla, Beth’s suggestion should fix it.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections