Posted By
Phil_Root
May 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Help,
Editor – Window – Images – Maximize Mode is sticky and resets "on" after I turn it off. Is there a way to turn off Maximize Mode permanently?
It does not appear as a "preference" and Help is unaware of this setting. Arghhhh. The issue that I have is that using the Crop Tool is tough with Maximize Mode on. Moving the corners of the Crop bounding box causes the canvas to fly off the screen and it becomes impossible to "see" what I’m cropping.

What am I missing here?
Any ideas appreciated.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RR
Raymond Robillard
May 22, 2005
At the far right of the options bar (under the menu bar) are two buttons, one with for dots and the other like a Maximize Windows button for Windows’ Windows. Click on the one further to the right. That shall do the trick.

Ray
PR
Phil_Root
May 25, 2005
Thanks Raymond….
I was in "multi-window mode" and that makes "Maximize" sticky.
CW
Colin Walls
May 25, 2005
Phil

You have 2 display modes: "multi-widow" and "maximize". So what do you mean by:

I was in "multi-window mode" and that makes "Maximize" sticky

?

If you are in multi-window mode, I think an image is magnified as big as possible when you open it. That’s not a problem, because you should not have the run-away scrolling problem in this mode.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections