Did alot of work on wrong color mode(working cmyk), how can I fix the colors?

A
Posted By
Azryth
Feb 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was working several hours on an image, and later found that I had been working on the wrong color mode(working cmyk). Now, when I switch back to monitor RGB, the colors look a bit faded. The colors how they appear in working CMYK are what i want, is there a way I can change the colors globally so they look like that in monitor RGB rather than working CMYK?

Thank you!
Jay
GB
g_ballard
Feb 22, 2004
when I switch back to monitor RGB

What do you mean by that exactly?

Here, MonitorRGB is your "calibrated" monitor space.

If — MonitorRGB = WorkingRGB (your embedded colorspace) — I’d say you have an old-school workflow…?

+++++

PS> Image> Mode> Convert to Profile (your WorkingRGB, the colorspace you embed) is how I would get back to RGB and I wouldn’t expect any shift on the monitor.
GB
g_ballard
Feb 22, 2004
PS:

If your RGB color was pumped up, out of the CMYK color gamut, you’ve clipped (thrown out) the out-of-gamut color forever when you RGB> CMYK…Converting CMYK back to RGB will not get it back.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Feb 22, 2004
I recently made a similar mistake and instead of Image>Mode>Convert Profile the person helping me out went to Image>Mode>Assign Profile. I didn’t see any difference in the screen when I selected Adobe RGB 1998 and then printed it our to
the Poli, that’s a digital C printer. Perhaps it was ColorMatch RGB come to think of it.