Did alot of work on wrong color mode(working cmyk), how can I fix the colors?

A
Posted By
Azryth
Feb 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was working several hours on an image, and later found that I had been working on the wrong color mode(working cmyk). Now, when I switch back to monitor RGB, the colors look a bit faded. The colors how they appear in working CMYK are what i want, is there a way I can change the colors globally so they look like that in monitor RGB rather than working CMYK?

Thank you!
Jay

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GB
g_ballard
Feb 22, 2004
when I switch back to monitor RGB

What do you mean by that exactly?

Here, MonitorRGB is your "calibrated" monitor space.

If — MonitorRGB = WorkingRGB (your embedded colorspace) — I’d say you have an old-school workflow…?

+++++

PS> Image> Mode> Convert to Profile (your WorkingRGB, the colorspace you embed) is how I would get back to RGB and I wouldn’t expect any shift on the monitor.
GB
g_ballard
Feb 22, 2004
PS:

If your RGB color was pumped up, out of the CMYK color gamut, you’ve clipped (thrown out) the out-of-gamut color forever when you RGB> CMYK…Converting CMYK back to RGB will not get it back.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Feb 22, 2004
I recently made a similar mistake and instead of Image>Mode>Convert Profile the person helping me out went to Image>Mode>Assign Profile. I didn’t see any difference in the screen when I selected Adobe RGB 1998 and then printed it our to
the Poli, that’s a digital C printer. Perhaps it was ColorMatch RGB come to think of it.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections