JE
Posted By
Jeff_Erler
May 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How can a move a bunch of photos from one PC to another and maintain the version sets? I tried burning the files to cd from within PSE and selected the option to include all files in version sets but when I use PSE to get the photos off of the cd the version sets are not maintained. I get all the individual files added to the catalog.

I don’t think a catalog backup restore will work because we are dealing with two different catalogs and a subset of files from within the catalog.

Any ideas? Seems like this should be a simple thing and I am just missing the obvious.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CW
Colin_Walls
May 6, 2005
I’m sorry, but I don’t think there’s any way to move a version set from catalog to another. The best you can do is import all the images and then build a stack – not the same thing, but an adequate approximation.

There is a method for building version sets by hand, but it is a fiddle and you wouldn’t want to do more than the odd one.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections