AG
Posted By
aric_gitomer
May 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is it possible to create a 24"x36" poster using approx. 36 images all equal size in elements 3.0. If so please guide me as to where to start. Thank you.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CW
Colin_Walls
May 5, 2005
Open one of the images and check its PPI value.

Create a new doc with the size you want and the PPI you just noted.

Open each small image in turn and do Select All, Copy [CTRL/A, CTRL/C]. Move to th ebig doc and Paste [CTRL/V].

You will then have all the images on their own layers. Use the Move tool to locate them.
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 6, 2005
To add to Collin’s advice, create a grid with a fraction of the dimensions of the pictures, and use the Snap To Grid feature, in order to facilitate the pictures placement on your canvas.

Ray
AG
aric_gitomer
May 8, 2005
Thank you, I am starting to get the hang of it now how do I insert a photo a different size lets say I want the middle of the page photo to be 12X12 and all the photos around it 6×6? Every time I adjust the image size before copying it in it just ends up the same size as all the other photos and it doesn’t seem like you are able to edit individual photo once they are on the 24X36 field.
Thanks for anyones help.
CW
Colin_Walls
May 8, 2005
how do I insert a photo a different size

There are [at leats] 2 ways that you can make this size adjustment:

1) Do the adjustment first. Use Image Size, set the PPI value to be the same as the "target" image location, then check the Resample box and adjust the dimensions.

2) Insert the image as it is. Choose the Move tool and check the Show Bounding Box option. You can then resize the image by pulling on the handles around the image.
AG
aric_gitomer
May 8, 2005
Wow that was simple enough thank you now just one more for today is there away to crop to a square rather than the default rectangle?
CW
Colin_Walls
May 8, 2005
is there away to crop to a square rather than the default rectangle?

Do you mean: how do you constrain the Crop tool [or rectangular marquee] to a square? If so, the answer is the hold down the SHIFT key.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 8, 2005
Just a thought ..

Have you filled in the sizes in the crop boxes at the top of the screen … if so just press Clear.

then follow Colin’s instructions … 🙂

Wendy
AG
aric_gitomer
May 8, 2005
Thank you. Everyone has been very helpful.

Ric

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections