WR
Posted By
Wendy_Roberts
Apr 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
One day my text was fine, today the letters are spaced too far apart. I didn’t download anything between these two events. Nevertheless I ran some virus and spyware checks. I have no viruses, no spyware.
I didn’t add any new software, either.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software and had the same problem. It’s not the fonts. The fonts worked fine until today. HELP!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Apr 30, 2005
Wendy,

Try deleting the prefs file … a reinstall doesn’t delete it.

To do that close down Elements then click on the start up icon and quickly hold down the Control, Alt and Shift keys (If you are a Mac user Apple, Alt and Shift). Continue to hold down all three keys until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings … just say Yes.

Wendy
WR
Wendy_Roberts
May 1, 2005
From one Wendy to another.
It worked! Hooray!
Thank you so much. You are my hero. While I was searching the forums (fora??) for other information I noticed your name and helpful advice a lot. This is my first time visiting these forums.
This particular issue has been driving me crazy, as it’s happened before. You have no idea how much you have helped me. I will sleep better tonight.
Thank you so very much.

Wendy Roberts
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 1, 2005
Wendy …

No problems just glad that it worked.

When anything strange happens in Elements deleting the prefs is usually the first thing to try … so write it down for future use 🙂

Wendy
PS … Seems funny writing Wendy at the beginning and at the end 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections