CG
Posted By
Curtis_Gulick
Jul 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am getting a message "Could not complete your request because the layer is not a valid text layer" when attempting to open some files in Photoshop CS. I can open them fine in 7.0. Any ideas as to why it can’t recognize the text layers? The files were created in either 6.0 or 7.0 originally.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MI
Mhran_ismail
Jul 28, 2004
I have the same problem every PSD file with text layer insid the photoshop CS can not open it the the same massage apears "Could not complete your request because the layer is not a valid text layer."
in the photoshop 7.0 ME it’s work very well so i have to install the both photoshop CS & 7.0 ME in my computer any one can say whay ????
please help .
L
LenHewitt
Jul 28, 2004
Curtis,

There is already a Topic open with this question:

Greg Lansing "Could not complete your request because the layer is not a valid text layer." 5/1/04 11:45am </cgi-bin/webx?13/0>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections