Text Tool Question – Getting text to follow along a line?

GB
Posted By
G_Bass
Aug 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to get text in Photoshop to follow along a diagonal line?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 9, 2004
It depends on what version of photoshop. In CS there is a Text to Path feature. I don’t have CS, but it’s there.

In older versions, if you want text to follow a diagonal line you have to manually rotate the text layer.

Peace,
Tony
GB
G_Bass
Aug 9, 2004
I have Photoshop version 7.0. I tried transforming the text, problem is I want the leading edge of the text to follow the diagonal line, but I want the text itself to remain horizontal.

Thanks!
B
BobLevine
Aug 9, 2004
You’ll have to do it one letter at a time. You could also do it in Illustrator or Corel Draw and place the resulting graphic in Photoshop.

Bob
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 9, 2004
In truth, I’m not 100% sure what you’re after. But with PS 7 you will have to free transform the text. When you try to put text on a circle in PS7 you have to manually transform and rotate each letter, so you may have to do something like that to achieve the effect you’re after.

Peace,
Tony

Edit: Bob beat me to it.
GB
G_Bass
Aug 9, 2004
Thanks! I know that I could easily do it in Illustrator but do not have access to it or Corel Draw at this time. Guess I’ll just work on each line separately.
GB
G_Bass
Aug 9, 2004
Basically
I
want
the
text
to
look
this.
Maybe I just answered my own question..
LOL

Thanks to all
B
BobLevine
Aug 9, 2004
Welcome back, Tony.

Bob
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 9, 2004
Thanks Bob <smile>.
L
LenHewitt
Aug 10, 2004
Yes, good to see you back here, Tony
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 10, 2004
Thanks Len. Not sure how long I can stay, but I’ve missed youse guys.

Peace,
Tony
JJ
John_Joslin
Aug 10, 2004
….bit late there boys!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections