Allow text to be changed simultaneously on multiple text layers.

AM
Posted By
Audrey_McLellan
Feb 19, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have 10 layers in my PSD that all have the same text, but I need to change that text on a regular basis and as of now I have to change each one individually. Is there some way of selecting the layers you want changed so that you can change all of them at once?

Thank you,

ACC

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DS
Dennis_S
Feb 19, 2009
You don’t mention what version of PS you are using. Assuming that you are using CS3 or CS4, have you tried Smart Objects?

You create the first text layer and put in the text you want. Then convert that to a Smart Object by right-clicking on the layer and selecting "Convert to Smart Object". You can name this layer something like "Master".

Now pull that layer down on the little sticky note icon to duplicate the layer. You can move and scale the duplicate as you wish. Repeat this as many times as necessary.

Now, when you need to make a text change, go to the Master layer, double-click it, and change the text. After changing the text, select File>Close and Commit and Save. That will change the text on all the copies of the smart object.

Hope that works for your application and PS version.
AM
Audrey_McLellan
Feb 20, 2009
Perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect. I can NOT possibly thank you enough!!!!!

* **hugs***

ACC

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections