Posted By
Pete_Caldwell
Apr 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
Using Photoshop Elements 2, is it possible to create gold text with a transparent background? This is to be used for a company logo but I just can’t seem to get the gold colour. If anyone can help I would be very grateful.
Thanks.
Pete Caldwell.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TM
Tom Murray 1
Apr 28, 2005
Does PS 2 have Molten Gold in Layer Styles>Complex?
B
Bernie
Apr 28, 2005
I don’t think so Tom….. but if after typing the text… click on the "T" in the lil box in the Layer Pallette… this will highlight the text…. on the Menu bar there will be a colour box.. click that then click More Colours and that will open up a colour swatch… should be able to get the colour you want in there….

david
JF
Jodi_Frye
Apr 28, 2005
I don’t have pe2 but it’s safe to assume it’s there (molten gold) since it’s in pe1 and pe3.
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Apr 28, 2005
The download, Abrams-Gold.1, gives you nice, shiny gold text. I think that this may be ideal for a logo creation. Double clicking the "f" in the text layer in the layers palette brings up "style settings", permitting one generous style adjustments. A few days ago someone on this board recommended it – that’s how I got wind of it.
Ken
MS
Mark_Sand
Apr 28, 2005
PSE2 does have Molten Gold in the the Layers Styles "Complex" set.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections