Posted By
RBB
Jul 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hello
i wish to writte in gold color or even silver, but i dont know the values in the palette.
somebody knows the exact adjustments to find those colors?? i get more browns or yellows, is dificult to be precisse.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
RBB
Jul 20, 2003
thanks, but i am using photoshop 7, you know if there is a posibility there

"Farlo" escribi
J
jrzyguy
Jul 20, 2003
there are some very nice layer styles that you can download from the adobe site. Im not sure if there are gold ones in the basic layer styles that come with PS7…but take a look….if not…go to the adobe site and find the exchange….thats where you can download styles and brushes etc. for free. I know they have cromes and rust styles…im certain they have gold text styles as well.

jj

"RBB" wrote in message
hum i see that there is a very easy way, all i need is an image that is gold,
or silver, then i can copy that color to the palette which goes to the
text
color too, sombody knows were i can get a kind of an image that is gold???

"RBB" escribi
F
Farlo
Jul 20, 2003
"RBB" wrote:

thanks, but i am using photoshop 7, you know if there is a posibility there

….

No. You have no hope of doing this. Sorry.

Farlo, the Urban Fey Dragon
"Not content to remain a blockhead."
CF
Craig Flory
Jul 20, 2003
Hi Richard ; I will tell you an easy way. Type what you want in yellow. Next go to Layer > Layer Style > Bevel & Emboss. Click on bevel & emboss within that as well as contour. Now slide the slider at the top under depth to 600% and at the gloss contour section click for the dropo down menu and click on "ring". If you hold your mouse over each contour , it will show you the name. Do those steps and you will have a nice gold . You can experiment and try various settings for other looks as well. If you get one you really like you can save it in your styles but you must know what you are doing. A style can range from several KB to around 100 KB in size. If you want silver ….try starting with white and try the same steps. That will give you a nice silver .
Good luck;
Craig Flory

"RBB" wrote in message
hello
i wish to writte in gold color or even silver, but i dont know the values in the palette.
somebody knows the exact adjustments to find those colors?? i get more browns or yellows, is dificult to be precisse.

SG
Seth Gecko
Jul 22, 2003
wow craig!
that looks excellent !

i just stumbled across your post as i happen to be experimenting with typing in gold as well
and being a photoshop newbie, that really helped!! 🙂
simple, straightforward explanation…….thank you! 🙂

"Craig Flory" wrote in message
Hi Richard ; I will tell you an easy way. Type what you want in yellow.
Next
go to Layer > Layer Style > Bevel & Emboss. Click on bevel & emboss within that as well as contour. Now slide the slider at the top under depth to
600%
and at the gloss contour section click for the dropo down menu and click
on
"ring". If you hold your mouse over each contour , it will show you the name. Do those steps and you will have a nice gold . You can experiment
and
try various settings for other looks as well. If you get one you really
you can save it in your styles but you must know what you are doing. A
style
can range from several KB to around 100 KB in size. If you want silver …try starting with white and try the same steps. That will give you a
nice
silver .
Good luck;
Craig Flory

"RBB" wrote in message
hello

M
myJanee
Jul 24, 2003
In article <3f1cd971$0$
says…
very nice Tricia, an excellent referrence for newbies like me great stuff i’m loving this group !!
i’ve learnt so much…..thanks everyone!!

Hi there, Seth!
You may like my Antique Gold tutorial which you can find at http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/antgold/antgold.htm .
Always me, Janee

http://www.myjanee.com for Janee’s PS Tutorials and PS Resource Links, Janee’s Monthly Art Challenge, Gallery, and more!

If you like my answers or my website, you may want to have a look at my books! Photoshop Elements 2: Most Wanted, PS 7: Professional Photographic Techniques, and PS 7: Trade Secrets. Read about them at http://www.myjanee.com/graphiccreations/publications.htm

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections