AH
Posted By
A_Hig
Sep 26, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have several clipart images that Id like to turn into golden (silver, bronze) medal looking images. Here is an example of a before

www.collectoons.com/images/DEX_beaker.gif

and an after

www.collectoons.com/images/DEX_gold.gif

Those are examples I found online. Id like to know how to do the same affect with other images. Im totally new to photoshop, so a full explanation will help immensely. Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AH
A_Hig
Sep 26, 2008
Well, google shows how to make something from scratch. I have an existing image that I want to have the same details and shape, but look like a medal.
JM
J_Maloney
Sep 26, 2008
Make the shape from scratch (tracing your image). Make it gold per tutorials. Then paste your image on top, and play with the blending modes to have it on top.

I have an existing image that I want to have the same details and shape, but look like a medal.

I think this is a pretty complex task for someone new to photoshop.

One way to quickly create a gold effects would be to goto (using your image) filter… render… lighting effects. Pick a gold light color and a gold material color as shown here:

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1ZPZpAKLcBwUhqk73l 2UerXsjpVJv>

Then see how I picked blue as the texture channel. Play with each channel and see which looks the best. You might also play with spotlight vs directional at the top. Have fun.

A blue squiggle ends up gold here:

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1dKCZ7nMOdCK8WgTgH Go20jS1LKPom>

That might be the simplest way to make gold from an image.

J

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections