Posted By
Burton_Ogden
Aug 2, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I downloaded and installed the PS CS3 Extended demo, and now I want to try making JP2 and JPF files. If I had the installation CD (which I don’t because this was a downloaded trial) this optional JPEG 2000 plug-in would be on the installation CD in the Goodies/Optional Plug-Ins/File Formats folder. I can’t find it in my downloaded files, and so I need to download additional Goodies content; the JPEG 2000 plug-in in particular. Does anyone know where I can download this JPEG 2000 File Format plug-in for CS3?

— Burton —

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BO
Burton_Ogden
Aug 4, 2007
It turns out the plug-in was in the Bridge part of my download. I manually moved it and now have JPEG 2000 Save As capability. However, I can now save JPF files, but not JP2 files. Maybe the plug-in isn’t so hot after all.

Ironically, I have Elements 5 and it has the apparent same JPEG 2000 plug-in pre-installed. And it won’t save JP2 files either. Maybe it’s just operator error. I’ll look into it further.

— Burton —

P.S. I downloaded the third party j2k plug-in <http://www.fnordware.com/j2k/> and it appears to save JP2 files just fine.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections