Posted By
Mark_Czerniel
Apr 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello…

Can anyone tell me where I could find Free Plugins, so that I could get more options under "Create Web Photo Gallery?" Some different formats other than the ones the original program offers would be great! Thanks!

-Mark

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 13, 2004
This question came up a couple of days ago, and there are no other templates available that anybody can find. One of the forum members did post this, though, so you might want to try it. I’ve made some changes to most of the ones I’ve created using the old Pagemill program.

Ingrid Halvorsen – 09:55am Apr 11, 2004 Pacific (#3 of 3)

If you have a web developer program, like Dreamweaver, FrontPage, Freeway, GoLive, etc., you can design your own without the need to absorb the steep learninging curve of the program.

Use the Elements program to create a gallery with the layout you prefer. Then open the index.html page in the web developer program and alter it to your satisfaction, changing the background, color scheme, adding text and hyperlinks, etc. You can do the same with the other HTML pages, too. There are many free textures, backgrounds, and "schemes" available online. Save each page you alter.

If you don’t know how to use the web developer program, just look up the aspects that you need to change the basic index.html page.
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Apr 13, 2004
Mark,
The following identifies a product which is not free, yet it is inexpensive. Let me state that I have no commercial connection to the company producing it. I had an old version of Broderbund Printmaster, which is software that I have used extensively for greeting cards, labels, letterheads, etc. They sent me an e-mail indicating that their new version, Printmaster Platinum 16, has many enhancements. I purchased the upgrade, on DVD, and to my surprise it has the capability to allow one to construct a web site. You can create text,insert photo files, backgrounds, links to e-mail address, links to external web sites, links to pages internally, etc. The help files are great. I printed out just 5 pages to help me initially. Anyone who masters Photoshop Elements can certainly use this, as there is considerable cross-over in the respective learning curves. There are many templates, some structured for small business use, others for more personal purposes. In addition, the program has many graphics, sentiments, and other capabilities. The company’s tech support, via e-mail, is very responsive with a turn around of 1.5 hours; I had a question about something that was not clear to me.
To view the web page one can preview it with the browser via the File menu, and also upload it from there. I saved my production on the desktop as I need to work on it some more, but for a trial I uploaded this file to my ISP via Internet Explorer’s web publishing wizard.
Ken
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 13, 2004
Ken, a word of caution–you might want to ask friends who are using older systems, other operating systems, older browsers to preview the site for you. A lot of those kinds of programs tend to add a lot of "junk" code to the html, which current versions of IE for Win will ignore but that will render your site invisible to people attempting to access it in other ways.

EDIT I have no personal knowledge that Printmaster does this, but it’s pretty common with HTML that is generated by programs that don’t create HTML as their main function, so I thought I’d mention it.
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Apr 13, 2004
Thanks, Barbara.Did not know that.
Ken
G
graficalicus
Apr 14, 2004
hi – sporadic poster here….

Another good place to find "stuff" is the Adobe Exchange – http://share.studio.adobe.com/Default.asp . There’s templates, styles, brushes, textures…. some will work for Elements, and some won’t – so it’s trial & error. There’s some good templates there, though –

You’ll have to sign up to download, but it’s free & well worth it!

Mike

wrote in message
Thanks, Barbara.Did not know that.
Ken

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections