CR
Posted By
Chris Roske
Jan 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to use the Raw plug-in from CS in my 7.0 version?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 16, 2004
No, ACR2 requires several things that are only available in Photoshop CS.

(and why would you want to, anyway?)
ND
Nick_Decker
Jan 16, 2004
Chris, I would want to because ACR2 takes 14 seconds to open the same RAW file that opens in 3 seconds with ACR1.
CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 16, 2004
Nick – well, ACR2 is doing more processing. But it shouldn’t be much slower (if at all) than ACR1. What kind of camera files are you using?
M
MarkATS
Jan 16, 2004
I would want to because ACR2 takes 14 seconds to open the same RAW file that opens in 3 seconds with ACR1.

So, then, why would you want to use ACR2 in Photoshop 7 if it’s slower?
ND
Nick_Decker
Jan 17, 2004
Chris, these are Nikon D100 NEF files. And, at Ian’s suggestion, I have reinstalled Win2K on a new, clean partition. No joy. I have posted my system specs before, but if you need them again, just say so. I have also emailed you system specs, but they may have gone to your spam bin. Dunno. Just trying to help.

MarkATS, I would want to use ACR1 or ACR2 (in whichever PS version that I could) because I paid for them. Both times. Not trying to be flippant, are you?

Nick
CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 17, 2004
NTFS or FAT32 disks?
ND
Nick_Decker
Jan 17, 2004
All NTFS, Chris.
CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 17, 2004
Hmm – then I don’t know why it’s so slow for you.
ND
Nick_Decker
Jan 17, 2004
Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections