JE
Posted By
Jon_Erb
Jul 27, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After I installed the Master Collection (Windows XP), Photoshop CS3 will no longer let me grab an image and move it around the workspace. I actually have to click on the logo in the upper left hand corner, select Move and then move the image. I’ve checked my preferences, but there is nothing there I can identify that would address this. This is not a huge ordeal, just a minor inconvenience, but if someone knows the anwser as to how to fix this I would really appreciate it.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 27, 2007
Not sure exactly what you’re saying, but try trashing/resetting Preferences as per the FAQs.
JE
Jon_Erb
Jul 27, 2007
I tried to remove/reset the settings, but the problem is still there. Let me explain it better. Say you open a file and the image displays in the upper left hand corner of the workspace in Photoshop. Now you open another file and it displays over the top of the image that is already open. Well that just won’t do since you need to see each image for color correction or what have you. You click on the tab (hte standard blue bar or whatever color you have selected) at the top of the image to drag it out of the way so you can see the image underneath it, but nothing happens, the image won’t move. The only way to move it is to click on the photoshop icon in the upper left of the image tab and select "Move" from the drop down that appears. You move the image out of the way, but now it is locked in that position and you have to do the "Move" thing again. Does that make any sense?
JJ
John_Joslin
Jul 27, 2007
Are you sure you deleted your preferences?

You either have to physically delete (or rename) the preference files or, if using the Alt, Ctrl, and Shift method, be sure that you get a confirmation dialog.

A complete uninstall/re-install will not affect the preferences and a corrupt file there may be causing the problem.
JE
Jon_Erb
Jul 27, 2007
I’m positive that I deleted my preferences. A,C,S method only made a properties window appear, so I hunted down the file and deleted it to no avail. Should I delete all of the preference files that are in there or just the one that is specific to PS CS3?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections