CK
Posted By
Chris_Kraft
Mar 22, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi; I’ve been trying to update Photoshop to 11.0.1 but I can’t get it to install. I get a ‘Done with error’ and it indicates ‘Failed to install’. It worked on my Intel MBP but doesn’t on my new Mac Pro.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled PS twice and tried again but nothing works. Anyone else have this issue and/or can you suggest anything? Thanks!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Mar 22, 2009
have you moved or renamed anything.
CK
Chris_Kraft
Mar 22, 2009
At first; yes. Not moved but installed PS in another location. So when I reinstalled it; I placed it in the standard Applications area and tried again to update. No go.
NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 24, 2009
Chris,

How did you uninstall the non-performing upgrade?

Neil
R
Ram
Mar 24, 2009
OFF TOPIC note to Neil:

Neil, you need to associate your accounts before the impending changeover. All your posts are being credited to (Guest) in the forum demo preview, and that will be the case when the gazillion bazillion existing posts get copied over for the launch version next week or so.
CK
Chris_Kraft
Mar 24, 2009
Hi Neil,

The upgrade never installed. I uninstalled Photoshop using the ‘Uninstall Adobe Photoshop CS4’ command. I then ran the CS4 Clean Script.

I’ve just finished reloading Photoshop for the 6th time and still cannot update to 11.0.1. I’m out of ideas…anything else you think I can try?

Thanks!

Chris
R
Ram
Mar 24, 2009
Chris,

Are you trying to use the auto updater? Forget it.

Download the update manually from the Adobe site to your desktop and run it also manually from there.

< http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4291>

Print and follow the instructions from there.

The Adobe auto updater has been a piece of for years and years.
CK
Chris_Kraft
Mar 24, 2009
Hahaha, I know…

Nope; I tried using the auto updater once and then went to the Adobe Photoshop page to dl the update. Still nothing.

I really don’t know what’s up with the new Mac Pro. It’s got to be something with that tower…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections